The mission of the Bicycle Collective is to promote cycling as an effective and sustainable form of transportation and as a cornerstone of a cleaner, healthier, and safer society. The Collective provides refurbished bicycles and educational programs to the community, focusing on children and lower income households.
The Bicycle Collective achieves their mission through a variety of programs, at four locations across the Wasatch Front.
- Earn-A‐Bike – Through EAB, the Bicycle Collective allow low-‐income youth to pick a bike to keep on the condition they have taken it apart and rebuilt it from scratch.
- Bikes for Goodwill Organizations – provided 1390 ready-to-ride bikes through referrals from 45 non-profits.
- Community Bike Shop – Parts, bikes, tools and expertise are all under one roof, allowing people to fix their own bicycles and purchase refurbished bikes
- Trips for Kids – Last year this program opened up the world of cycling to 579 at-risk youth through mentor-guided mountain bike trips.
- Bike Valet – This Valet service was present at 102 events statewide, parking 10,569 bikes and providing a high-profile affirmation of the role of bikes in our community.
This month, Heart of Our Community focuses on the programs impact of the Bicycle Collective.